Posted on 02 December 2011.
Some objects will never be bought once they have been used. But this doesn´t happen with cars and bikes.
We buy used cars for many reasons as collecting, can´t buy a new one or the famous and loved first car.
We must take some cautions about used cars market. So we are telling details you should pay attention in each car part.
If we buy our used car in a car dealer we´ll have a warranty. This warranty vary from one country to another according to its laws.
These dealers offers cars in good conditions. In theory, we are not having problems. And they are not going to cheat on mileage, non-existing equipment or hidden breakdowns.
If we buy our to a private person, then we must be careful. Hidden breakdowns, reduced mileage, equipment in bad conditions… can be more expensive to fix that the money we have spent in the car.
Luckily, there are more honest people than liars. But we can´t check it until we have the car and we drive it for a time.
But we can pay attention to some details to unmask cheaters.
Inside the car there are a lot of clues to check if mileage and condition are credible.
What we should check inside the car?
- Steering wheel, gear lever and indicators – is easy to check this element´s wear. If wear is high and mileage is low we should suspect.
- Seats – wear in the outside shows lot of use. Another point in seats is firmness. A seat used for a long time period is softer than the other seats. Compare driver´s seat with the other seats to be sure.
- Door panels – another part to check. If panels are worn or not fixed we must be aware.
- Seatbelts – Too much wear in connection or difficulties to roll again show us a large.
- Dashboard and glove comparment – we must check for traces made by taximeters or other gadgets. Some people try to sell a working car as a private person car.
- Electrical – under the dashboard we can see some cables. If they are manipulated by a non professional personal can be dangerous.